DNC Photo: OurSTORY unfolded in a stadium packed with 84,000+ spectators!
SENATOR OBAMA SPEECH HIGHLIGHTS
- “…I stand before you tonight because all across America something is stirring. What the nay-sayers don’t understand is that this election has never been about me. It’s been about you.”
- “What does it say about your judgment when you think George Bush has been right more than ninety percent of the time?”
- “It’s not because John McCain doesn’t care. It’s because John McCain doesn’t get it.”
- “In Washington, they call this the Ownership Society, but what it really means is – you’re on your own; Well it’s time for them to own their failure.”
- “Democrats have a very different measure of what constitutes progress in this country; We measure progress by how many people can find a job that pays the mortgage; whether you can put a little extra money away at the end of each month so you can someday watch your child receive her college diploma.”
- “Our government should work for us, not against us.”
- “…while we’re wallowing in deficits, John McCain stands alone in his stubborn refusal to end a misguided war.”
- “For part of what has been lost these past eight years can’t just be measured by lost wages or bigger trade deficits.”
- “Because if you don’t have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare the voters. If you don’t have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from.”
- “On November 4th, we must stand up and say: “‘Eight is enough.'”
DNC Photo: The Face Of The Democratic Party Tells A Story Of Multi-Culturalism. The Real Story Of America.